Ours certainly do! The Turmeric Latte has fast become the daily drink of the wealthy and health conscious. From Gwyneth Paltrow to Victoria Beckham this Golden brew is being lauded as the next health conscious trend. Our Turmeric Latte is the perfect winter morning pick me up. Made with the Coffee Hive Coffee Pod of your choice, this golden drink will start your day the right way.
Turmeric Latte Health Benefits
Turmeric is an effective and natural anti-inflammatory. Turmeric contains curcumin which inhibits the body’s production of inflammation, swelling, and pain. These inflammation reducing properties have been shown to offer relief to people suffering Arthritis, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), tendonitis and many other autoimmune and inflammation based complaints.
Turmeric is chock-full of antioxidants. Antioxidants from foods and spices are far more effective than supplements that claim antioxidising properties. See our other posts, that include ways to increase your antioxidant intake Super healthy ways to make your coffee even more delicious and Delicious and healthy additions to your morning coffee.
Lowers Risk of Diabetes
Studies have shown that individuals with pre diabetes (a condition in which blood sugar is high, but not high enough to be type 2 diabetes), who consumed curcumin (the active ingredient in Turmeric) were less likely to develop diabetes than those compared with people who didn’t consume curcumin.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
For this Turmeric Latte Recipe, you will first need to make golden milk and then add your coffee. This recipe makes two Golden Lattes so you can share this delicious healthy treat with a friend.
To Make Golden Milk
- 2 cups milk (we also love this recipe with coconut milk or almond milk if you’re Lactose Intolerant or Vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (either dried ground ginger or finely grated fresh ginger)
- 1/4 cup *Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To Make a Turmeric Latte
- 1 cup of Golden Milk
- 1 Coffee Hive pod (to make 30ml of coffee)
*Manuka Honey has antimicrobial properties and is full of nutritional and immune boosting abilities. Put a little in your Turmeric Latte for an extra boost.
- Heat milk, ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 3 minutes being careful not to boil or burn the milk.
- Remove from the heat and add Manuka Honey stirring to combine.
- Make one regular shot of Coffee Hive Espresso Pod (30 ml coffee) in a large mug.
- Strain 1 cup of Golden Milk, through a fine strainer and into your large mug containing your freshly poured coffee.
- Stir to combine.
- Sit back and enjoy.