One question that we get asked a lot is, are our Coffee Pods Recyclable?
We are proud to say that our Coffee Hive Coffee Pods are 100% recyclable. All components of our Nespresso Compatible Coffee Pods can be recycled when separated.
At Coffee Hive, we work closely with our suppliers, manufacturers and distributors to ensure that we minimise our impact on the environment while bringing you great tasting coffee.
Your local council’s recycling centre’s processes are sensitive to foreign and combined components. It is important to rinse and separate your household recycling. Make sure to remove lids from jars and milk bottles etc and place them in your recycling bin.
“Save the Earth,
it’s the only
Planet with Coffee”
To recycle your Coffee Hive Coffee Pod
- First and foremost, make yourself a delicious cup of Coffee Hive coffee.
- Once your used Coffee Pod has cooled, carefully use a knife to make a small hole in the aluminium coffee pod lid.
- Peel the aluminium lid away from the plastic pod casing.
- Once you have separated the aluminium lid from the plastic pod empty the coffee grounds into a container or jar. (Stay tuned for our blog about what to do with used coffee grounds).
- Rinse and dry the plastic capsule. You can also rinse aluminium lid.
- Throw the capsule and lid in your council home recycling bin.
- Congratulations! You’ve just done a great thing for the environment! Thank you!